Indo-China conflict: UN calls for restraint
New York: UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres has expressed concern over the dispute between India and China in Ladakh and called on both countries to exercise restraint.
“We are concerned about reports of violence and deaths between India and China on the Line of Actual Control, and we urge both countries to exercise extreme restraint,” the UN spokesman said in a statement.
In addition, an American magazine says that according to initial reports, the Indian soldiers were not killed by bullets, but by stoning.
A similar stoning incident took place in both armies last month. A spokesman for the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA) said Indian troops had broken their promise and violated the border.
According to a foreign news agency, the Indian Army issued a statement on Tuesday saying that the soldiers of both the armies have retreated from the place where the clash between Indian and Chinese troops took place in the area of Wadi Gulwan in the middle of the night on Tuesday. Was
Twenty soldiers, including an Indian army colonel, were killed in a clash between Chinese and Indian troops in the Gulwan Valley in eastern Ladakh last Monday night.