ISLAMBAD: Prime Minister Imran Khan has as soon as once more reshuffled the federal cupboard, appointing Shaukat Tareen as new finance minister.
Tareen has changed federal minister Hammad Azhar, who was appointed because the nation’s finance minister a number of weeks in the past when the premier changed him with Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh.
Listed below are among the different modifications made to the portfolios of cupboard members:
- Hammad Azhar has been appointed because the Minister for Vitality, changing Omar Ayub
- Khusro Bakhtiar has been appointed the Minister for Industries and Manufacturing
- Shibli Faraz has been appointed the Minister for Science and Expertise, changing Fawad Chaudhry
- Fawad Chaudhry has been appointed the Minister for Info and Broadcasting, changing Shibli Faraz
- Omar Ayub has been appointed as Minister for Financial Affairs, changing Khusro Bakhtiar
Final month, Shibli Faraz had shared the prime minister’s intentions on reshuffling the cupboard, saying that he was bringing in a brand new staff.
Previous to that, the federal government had requested former finance minister Abdul Hafeez Shaikh to step down and appointed Hammad Azhar in his place.
Faraz mentioned selections have been made preserving in view the realities of the nation and that the PTI regime wished to offer aid to the poor.
“When a brand new particular person comes alongside, they provide you with new concepts,” he had mentioned.
Sources had earlier advised Geo Information that the prime minister was contemplating bringing about necessary modifications to the cupboard on a “massive scale”, including that ministers who didn’t carry out as much as the expectations shall be faraway from their portfolios.
‘Shaukat Tareen able to work with govt in 15-20 days’
Earlier, sources advised Geo Information that Shaukat Tareen was able to work with the federal government as PM Imran Khan’s particular assistant on finance and income.
It mentioned Tareen — who was already attending necessary conferences of PM Imran Khan’s finance and financial staff — had agreed to take up the function however had requested for “15-20 days'” time to affix.