KABUL: The Taliban-led Afghanistan’s interim authorities is all set to take oath on September 11, the identical date when assaults passed off on the World Commerce Centre in the US (US) 20 years in the past.
The brand new Afghan authorities can be headed by Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund as prime minister whereas Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar and Maulvi Abdul Salam Hanafi have been appointed deputy prime ministers, the Taliban had introduced two days in the past.
Russian officers will attend the ceremony whereas the Pakistan authorities has despatched its heat needs, mentioned the sources.
The US and European Union (EU) have, nonetheless, expressed concern over members who can be part of the interim authorities.
US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken mentioned that the Taliban authorities consists of people who find themselves “needed” by the US businesses. He mentioned the Taliban must achieve authorized standing from the world for among the names within the new authorities.
Additional, the Pakistani International Workplace spokesperson has expressed hope that the brand new political association in Afghanistan would guarantee peace, stability and safety.
Saudi International Minister Prince Faisal additionally added that Saudi Arabia is dedicated to serving to the Afghan folks. He mentioned that the Saudi folks will assist no matter path Afghans select, with none exterior interference.
The checklist for the interim authorities incorporates 33 names. A few of the key appointments are:
- Taliban veteran, Mullah Mohammad Hassan Akhund – performing prime minister
- Taliban co-founder, Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar – performing deputy prime minister
- Taliban negotiator in Doha, Amir Khan Muttaqi – performing overseas minister
- Abas Stanikzai – performing deputy overseas minister
- Son of Taliban founder and late supreme chief Mullah Omar, Mullah Yaqoob – performing defence minister
- Chief of the scary Haqqani community, Sirajuddin Haqqani – performing inside minister
The Taliban spokesman has clarified that that is an “performing” authorities solely.